Friday, October 31, 2008

The power of prayer and fasting...

Good news yesterday!!! The doctors and pathologists are fairly certain than Bree's cancer is in the intermediate stage. We are still waiting for final word on the pathology of her tissue sample, but as far as the bone marrow is concerned, intermediate is most likely the case. This is wonderful news considering the vast difference between the two classifications (intermediate risk vs. high risk). She begins chemotherapy this afternoon. Please pray for her swift response to the treatment!!! 

Yesterday Bree was happy, active and just being her adorable little self. She is reaching for toys and smiling a ton. I just love that Angel Baby Bree!!! We are hoping she and the family will be discharged on Sunday. There are plans for a more in-depth bone scan (called an MIBG) the following Tuesday, which we hope they can do as an out-patient procedure. 

Thank you all for your prayers and fasting. I have no doubt that God is aware of us and blesses our lives when we put our faith and trust in Him. Please continue to pray and fast for this beautiful little girl and her family. It may be a long road ahead, but we're all willing to press forward along with her!!! 

I'll try to keep everyone posted... Kari wants to either set up a separate blog for Bree or post to her original blog when she has the time. I'll let all of you know what the link is as soon as I know. Again, thank you for your concern, fasting, prayers and service and their behalf!!! More news to come...

8 comments:

Jamie Taylor said...

Hey. I just hopped over to your sister's blog to read more about Bree. Although there were no updates, I realized that she is the mother of Caleb Cook! Okay, that's weird, but I was working at the office when they first started coming in, and I thought she looked familiar, but it didn't hit me that she is your sister, 'till now! I love Caleb. He is such a doll. Thank goodness for good docs who were able to help Bree as well. We will definitely keep her in our prayers.

Jill said...

Hi Kristen, you don't know me but I'm Kari's visiting teacher Jill Rich. I was directed to your blog for updates and I'm so thankful that you have been keeping us informed. I've been fasting and praying for Bree and I'm so happy for the happier news. Please contact me if she needs ANYTHING!! Call me at (480)963-7535 or on my cell (480)299-3290.

The Scotts said...

Hi Kristen,

This is Shanon (Decker). I don't know if you remember me but I just love you guys! Thanks for the update. We are praying for Justin and Kari and Bree.

2Again Now said...

Hi Kristen!! Give Kari a big hug from our family!! We will make sure their names stay on the temple prayer rolls!!
Love,
The Verwer Family

Colleen said...

I'm so very sorry to hear she's sick, but glad that she got the better of the 2 diagnoses. I'm thinking of all of you...

Heidi Nielson said...

Kristin- Ross and I just saw your blog from Justin and Kari's. We couldn't believe when we heard about Bree. We love your family so much and are praying for you. Corinne is a doll!!
Heidi

Travis and Marie said...

Kristen,

I am glad for your update along with Kari's updates. (Oh this is Marie Slade by the way). Every time I go to blog I check for any new news. You are all in my prayers. :) P.s. your daughter is gorgeous!

BandHGardner said...

That's great news, Tin TIn. I just wanted to let you know that Bree's name is on the Houston Temple prayer roll.

Love you and your family.